Tuesday 8 March 2016

Cover Letter


Task one: Locate two relevant jobs to your career and write down the following information:
  • Job title:
  • Website name:
  • NOC code:
Task two: Underline the key words in each ad. Modify your resume to fit each one

Task three: Create cover letters to the jobs you had made your resume for. Try to include the following:
  • Which job you're applying for
  • How you learned about the job (and a referral if you have one)
  • Why you are qualified for the job (be specific)
  • What you have to offer the employer (match your skills to the job description)
  • Thank you for being considered for the job
  • Keep it Short
Task four: As we know, ask your peers to edit it for you and then post on your blog.

1Jewelry Designer 
     On The Rocks Gems, Jewelry and More - Chicago, IL

On the Rocks: Gems, Jewelry & More is currently looking for Jewelry designers to add to our consignment collection. During our 8 years of business, we’ve always had strong history of supporting local artists and we would like to expand our clientele to complement our upcoming renovations. We are looking to carry more precious metal fabrication work and less wire wraps, but we are open minded for especially unique designs. Your jewelry would be prominently displayed with your name and biography.
If interested, please email at least 5 images representative of the style and quality of your work.

Job Type: Contract
  • Job title: Jewelry Designer
  • Website name: Indeed.com
  • NOC code: 6344

2. Jewellery Apprentice
     Hotline To HR - North York, ON
     Full-time, Apprenticeship

Great opportunity available to those seeking an exciting career in the Jewellery manufacturing industry. Hands-on jewelery making, polishing, stone setting, engraving, laser welding, Metalurgy, 3d Printing, packaging and so much more!
Our client is an innovative, global high tech jewelry designer/manufacturer who is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our innovative production team.
Do you have a passion for crafting, painting, art or jewelry making?
Would you like to engage in your passion and learn more about the fashion/jewelry industry?
if so, we urge you to apply now!

Why choose us?
1. Above industry average wages.
2. Close to many public transit routes.
3. BENEFITS AVAILABLE
4. Fully stocked kitchen and amenities.
5. Great working environment - " work-shop feel"
Job Type: Full-time
  • Job title: Jewelery Apprentice
  • Website name: Indeed.com
  • NOC code: 6344



Cover Letter


March 7, 2016

Ms. Anna Smith
Director of Human Resources
“ABC Craft” Corporation
123 XYZ Street, Toronto, ON
Dear Ms. Smith,

I am very excited to send you my resume for crafting designer position your company announced. Jewelry designing is not a profession for me, it is my passion and I seek to pursue this passion further at “ABC Craft” Corporation.

I am an artist and I found that I could implement my designs and create something as useful as jewelry with the talent I possess. I am sure my skills and experience will be very useful for your company. I am enthusiastic, diligent and dedicated person. I am able to adapt to varying job demands.
I use combinations of different materials in my works and I don’t avoid experimenting with the new ones. I have been working as a self-employed jewelry designer for 3 years. Also I would like to note, as I worked as a self-employed, I have organizational and negotiating skills. Besides of skills mentioned above I have bachelor degrees in mechanical engineering and radioelectronics, which help me in finding optimal solutions during the process of creating.

I would appreciate the opportunity of an interview to discuss my qualifications and other terms in more details. It would be an honor for me to be working for such a great company.

Yours sincerely,
Vergine Tumanyan

No comments:

Post a Comment